Viafoura supports sending broadcast notifications to all users through the notification tray and via browser based push notifications for users who have opted in. We do not provide a GUI to send broadcast messages at this time, so implementation requires use of our notification APIs. In order to send broadcast notifications you must generate a JSON Web Token (JWT) and use it to send notifications via API by following the steps below.
Encrypted credentials are needed to use the APIs. A client ID and secret pair with the appropriate permission levels will be provided to you by your client success representative. (please contact our support team).
With these credentials, you can follow the next steps to launch broadcast notifications.
Use the Client ID and Secret to create a JWT to use as authorization for the API calls (https://documentation.viafoura.com/reference/authorizeclient).
- Each JWT is only valid for 5 minutes.
- You will need to provide the section_uuid that identifies the site you want to send the notification to as the "scope". If you don't know the section_uuid of the site, please [reach out to our support team].(https://documentation.viafoura.com/page/create-a-new-case).
- For this endpoint, the authentication header when passing your credentials should be BASIC.
Use the newly created JWT as authorization in the broadcast endpoints. You can use these as reference for your API request: https://documentation.viafoura.com/reference/sendbroadcasttosection or https://documentation.viafoura.com/references/endbroadcasttosectionform.
- You will need to provide the section_UUID that identifies the site you want to send the notification to. If you don't know the section_UUID of the site, please [reach out to our support team].
- For this endpoint, the authentication header when passing your JWT token should be BEARER.
Updated about 2 months ago