Clients can choose to moderate comments within the article level. Moderation abilities include enabling, disabling, marking as spam, making an Editor’s Pick, flagging a comment, or setting bans on users.
You must be logged in as a site administrator or moderator to perform these functions.
From the comment thread on an article page, you can moderate comments after signing in as an administrator or moderator. A gear icon will appear at the top right of any comment and provide Moderation actions like disabling comments or marking as Spam. If you change your mind, you can reverse most actions from here as well.
- Mark as Spam – A comment that is marked as spam will no longer appear in the commenting thread, a comment can also be unspammed from the article page
- Disable Comment – A comment that is disabled will no longer appear in the commenting thread, a comment can also be approved from the article page
- Ban User – Banning a user from the story level will result in an indefinite permanent ban, removing the user and their past comments from the site. Moderators and administrators will continue to see the user’s comments, however general users will not. Once you ban a user from an article, you cannot unban them from this point, removing a ban is only possible from the administration site. For more information, please review this.
- Make Editor’s Pick – This will add an icon to a user’s comment and push it to the top of the commenting thread for greater visibility
- Make Trusted User – This gives active users a badge, as well as special benefits. For more information, please review this
- Flag – Flagging a comment will place it into the awaiting moderation queue on the administration site for further review, a comment can also be unflagged from the article page
Updated about a year ago