How to Moderate Comments On-site
Clients can choose to moderate comments within the article level. Moderation abilities include enabling, disabling, marking as spam, making an Editor’s Pick, flagging a comment, or setting bans on users.
You must be logged in as a site administrator or moderator to perform these functions.
From the comment thread on an article page, you can moderate comments after signing in as an administrator or moderator. A gear icon will appear at the top right of any comment and provide Moderation actions like disabling comments or marking as Spam.
Below are the actions that can be taken and reversed from the article level:
- Mark as Spam / Unspammed A comment that is marked as spam will no longer appear in the commenting thread.
- Disable / Approve Comment A comment that is disabled will no longer appears in the commenting thread.
- Flag / Unflag – Flagging a comment will place it into the awaiting moderation queue on the administration site for further review.
Actions that cannot be reversed from the article level:
- Ban User: Banning a user from the story level will result in an indefinite, permanent ban, removing the user and their past comments from the site. Moderators and administrators will continue to see the user’s comments, however general users will not. Removing a ban is only possible from the administration site. For more information, please review this.
- Make Editor’s Pick: This will add an icon to a user’s comment and push it to the top of the commenting thread for greater visibility
- Make Trusted User: This gives active users a badge, as well as special benefits. For more information, please review this
Updated almost 2 years ago